//STYLE CODE WILL COME HERE - SEE STEP #4

understanding desires

Posted Posted by P U R E in Comments 0 comments

Ping is back here again and today she is going to talk about desires.

Desire. Doogle defines this word as "...the feeling that accompanies an unsatisfied state...an inclination to want things". I personally have many desires, but my two main desires are: 1. to prove everyone wrong and 2. to make everyone sees the environment my view.

Of course there are those itty bitty desires that keep getting in my way. Like blogging, which have nothing to do with my main desires. It's just one of those things I keep scolding myself for doing but keep doing anyway. I admit I have a problem with managing my desires, which does not include sex, thank you very much, but I just couldn't bring myself to resolve it. After all, a person without one single desire is as good as dead.

For a girl who had been hurt in relationships before, I desire to find love, but at the same time afraid of the uncertain future. There is no such thing as forever, what I have, we all have, are the past and now. It is not good to make promises you can't keep.

I have came across many different people with many different desires, be it related to sexuality or not. The desire to do well in exams. The desire to eat ice-cream. The desire to get married. Countless desires under different conditions, realised or unrealised by our conscious minds. Whether we carry it out or we leave it be is up to us ourselves; it is our own decision.

At certain point in our life, we will come across this question: Have you ever regret anything/any decisions you had made in the past? I will thus be honest; my answer is yes. I have two major regrets, but I do know that dwelling on them is not going to help and the only thing I can do is deal with it and move on. Twice I had given in to these desires that I shouldn't had given in to and I don't want to make the same mistake again.

Concluding this post, I urge you to think seriously about the things you desire and wether they are important or not, are they worth taking a risk for? Will you benefit from them and if yes, is the benefits long term or short term? How are you going to deal with it if it goes horribly wrong? Is the statement desires are sins no longer apply in this era true, or is it not and we are just deillusioned it no longer does?

0 comments: